Friday 17 September 2010

WARNING! for word geeks only...

You know you are a geek when you find a website that has a huge list of palindromes and you get excited.  It is almost as exciting as the day I got my own static IP address (well, not quite, but it comes in close.)  Once, I went to a Wierd Al concert (yes, he has them) with my daughter and was delighted to discover that he has a song made entirely out of palindromes.  Well, this tops that, I am afraid.  A GIANT list of palindromes to peruse and play with for weeks to come! 

This website contains exciting, never-before-thought-of palindromes, like:
“Drab bard”, and
“Emil saw a slime”

or jewels like:

“I saw desserts; I'd no lemons; alas, no melon. Distressed was I.“

I would venture to say that you will never find a better source – ask Weird Al himself.
 
Here it is:   http://www.derf.net/palindromes/old.palindrome.html

No comments: