When you right-click a file, you can send it to a program to open. For instance, if you want to send your .avi file to VLC player and the file is currently associated with QuickTime, you can right-click the file, choose "send to" and you will see a list of programs in the menu. But what if the program you want to send it to is not on the list? Here is how you can modify that list:
To add a destination to the Send To menu, add a shortcut to the Windows\SendTo folder. To do so, follow these steps:
Click the Start button, and then click Run.
- Type "sendto" (without quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Add a shortcut using either of the following methods: (Go to the program files folder and make a shortcut from the program file - the .exe file)
- Drag a new shortcut to the folder:
Use the right mouse button to drag a destination to the SendTo folder, and then click Create Shortcut Here on the menu that appears.
- Create a new shortcut with the Create Shortcut Wizard:
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
- Follow the instructions in the Create Shortcut Wizard.
Removing a ShortcutTo remove a shortcut, use the right mouse button to click the shortcut in the SendTo folder, and then click Delete on the menu that appears.